Thursday, November 15, 2007

Great time of the year

Well, I lost my job the other day. I'm not sure what happened and the issue will be resolved in litigation (or mediation). The sad thing is that I had an interview scheduled with another department today and we kept the interview. I guess that is all I should say about the situation until it is resolved.

The good part in all of this is that I have a plan to get me through the next few months. My F - U fund is not fully funded but, if nothing else, I can quickly get a retail gig to provide us with the basics.

Thanks to an ownership interest in an apartment building, I have a couple of places to move into at a minimal cost. I may try an alternative living arrangement like the one suggested by the simple dollar. I know someone that is having a HUGE financial crunch and by moving in, I can assist. Between that and deferring my largest school loan, I will save over $2k per month.

By the way, I need to send a shout out to my girl, she passed both the NY and NJ Bar! If we were the drinking kind, I would buy her a few rounds!

On the stroll

No comments: