Friday, November 23, 2007

Still unemployed.

Since it has been a week, I will fax deferrals for my student loans. Besides rent, they are my highest expense each month and without a steady income, I cannot afford it. Okay, without any income.

I have applied everywhere and am just waiting to get callbacks next week. I started reading What Color is Your Parachute? I have never read it and am hoping to get a bit of direction. If I could test hair and beauty products for $100K per year, I would do it. However, law school did not prepare me for that.

Anyway, on to saving money. I am about to cash my final check and add it to my ingdirect account. That should allow me to gain some interest.

I did something different this year for the Thanksgiving meal. I bought the meat and my friend (a regular at holiday meals) bought everything else. I spent less than $25 for a turkey breast and 8 pound ham. So, I think I had the better end of the deal. He bought the potatoes, green bean casserole ingredients, mac n cheese, bread, etc. However, since this is a man, we only had one can of cranberry sauce. We LOVE cranberry sauce so, that did not work well.

Today, I am having a no buy day. I'm still in my nightgown and just did not need anything. I have a couple of gifts for my son and he wants one other thing; dominoes. This fit into my monthly budget so, I bought 2 of the 3 things he wanted already. Should be a very good Christmas.

On the stroll

No comments: