Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Easy to save when you are looking for something

I have wanted a silver or black tv stand for almost 2 years. I was determined to find one this weekend. I think I drove over 150 miles looking for a stand under $150 with at least 2 shelves and taller than 24 inches. I think I would have more luck finding a leprechaun holding a four leaf clover.

So far I have hit liquidators, Costco, Target, furniture stores, Sears, Best Buy, Circuit City and nothing. Most places now sell the stand with the tv. Oh wait--I also went to Ikea and have checked Craigslist! Why is tht so hard to find?

Besides gas, I have not spent a dime. Necessities only (food and gas). Good for my bank account. Bad for the retail world.

Want to save some money? Look for something that you have wanted for a long time. Works every time for me. Want a blue suit? Go to the mall. You won't find a blue suit and you will become more determined and end up leaving with nothing. If I am just looking, I will spend $500 easy.

Still have no idea what to do about the tv stand,

On the stroll

No comments: